Chinese Grads Tell University 'Jinan University Advertising Department, you f***ed my youth!'

Chinese Grads Tell University 'Jinan University Advertising Department, you f***ed my youth!'

Big Old Raper
It looks like the College is a Scam movement has reached our Celestial friends.

"Jinan University Advertising Department, you f***ed my youth!"

Story at the CNN.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/12/world/asia/china-college-graduates-florcruz/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

6.8 million graduates? Robert Reich was correct. They are fucked.

Re: Chinese Grads Tell University 'Jinan University Advertising Department, you f***ed my youth!'

Teddy
Interesting story. I think the headline of your thread is somewhat misleading however. The students were all holding up signs which included a guy asking for a 'wealthy wife'. The large banner 'We blame etc' was not directed at the university's student marketing and advertising office but the school of advertising - they are all advertising grads.

And let's face it - the ad business is fucked.

George Parker is a long time Mad Man from the golden years of the ad business on Madison Avenue and has a blog 'Adscam' Google it - it's worth a read to see just how bad the ad business is fucked.

And if the ad business is fucked in China - a country where every little John Han and Jane Han want to trade in the idyllic life and Confucian ideal of being a farmer to move to the polluted cities and work as a near slave for a large MNC so that they can afford a pair of Nikes, the latest iPhone and to trade in their rickshaws for an SUV - then it's fucked everywhere.

Re: Chinese Grads Tell University 'Jinan University Advertising Department, you f***ed my youth!'

The Vagabond
Great article - things are well and truly changing over there. I travel to China from time to time and see the students of ant colonies battling it out for existence and surviving on part time work here and there. Most are too embarrassed to go home to the country and tell their parents that their special piece of paper isn't worth anything anymore. It's crazy.