Economists in WSJ and New York Times Say De Regulate Lawyers

Economists in WSJ and New York Times Say De Regulate Lawyers

Tasty Bird
WINSTON AND CRANDAL BITCHES!

THEY SAY EVERYONE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BE A LAWYER!! HAR TAKE THAT!!

WSJ: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903918104576502132536596092.html

NEW YORK TIMES: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/25/opinion/are-law-schools-and-bar-exams-necessary.html?_r=2

THEY SAY FORGET THE TRAINING AT LAW SCHOOL

THEY SAY FORGET THE BAR EXAM

THEY SAY FORGET ALL THE BARRIERS TO ENTRY

THEY SAY THIS WILL BENEFIT EVERYONE

HAR TAKE THAT!!

Re: Economists in WSJ and New York Times Say De Regulate Lawyers

mdphd
This post was updated on .
So wait a minute here: IF I have this correct, an economist, or two economists (OH SHIT HOLD THE PHONE!!) are criticizing practicing professionals who are actually subject to professional scrutiny - by their peers and the bar and the courts?

Economists? The people who actually went to university to study the pseudoscience of economics, and pay for it?

Oh yeah, lets just solve the world's problems Mr Economist. Lets allow Doctors to practice medicine without any formal training or oversight, Dentists, Engineers, Architects, Veterinary Surgeons - heck - lets allow Pilots to fly planes without any formal training.

CONGRATULATIONS MR ECONOMICS FUCK-FACE "WINSTON" - YOU HAVE JUST MADE THE HISTORY BOOKS AS THE MOST RETARDED ECONOMIST EVER.

But it makes sense, because we all know that ANYONE can become an economist, all you have to do is study economics and Shazam, you are an economist. The degree that is easier than a degree in media or art history and which has no more science to it than astrology (everyone knows that modeling is flawed and excuse me for saying it: bullshit).

Even the MBA graduates make economists look clever. Economists can say what they want and then deny responsibility. There is no certainty, no science, nothing more than an "art" to it. Lawyers, on the other hand, like Doctors, Vets, Dentists, Pilots, Engineers actually have to get something done - and are responsible when something goes wrong.

Even valets parking my car have more responsibility and accountability than economists. So Mr Winston, tell us exactly how an economist can benefit society, after this effort, you over-rated fuck-face.

Economics is the biggest scam around. Even Madoff actually did more to benefit society than most economists have in their careers.

Re: Economists in WSJ and New York Times Say De Regulate Lawyers

economicsmajor
You are a fuckface for even responding to this brilliant piece.

Winston is not writing this for you, or anyone who is a lawyer - to read.

His audience is the general public.

These people will lap this up, cheer and agree, and the status of economists will rise from that of Toilet Practitioner of the Dark and Dubious Arts of Making Money Off Your Ass to that of "OH SHIT THESE GUYS ARE THE BEST!!! - LET ME BE A LAWYER TOO! AND A DOCTOR! AND I WANNA FLY THAT PLANE TOO! AND I WANNA BE A DENTIST! -AND I WANNA DO EVERYTHING! - OH SHIAT- WHAT? YOU SAY I KILLED SOMEONE ON THE OPERATING TABLE? OH WELL, IT DON'T MATTER COZ AN ECONOMIST SAYS EVERYONE CAN DO IT! OH SHIAT WHAT? YOU SAY THAT I LOST THAT CLIENT 50 GRAND? - WELL IT DON'T MATTER COZ THIS BRIGHT ECONOMIST CALLED WINSTON SAID I COULD DO IT - IN THE NEW YORK TIMES - SO IT MUST BE TRUE!!"

Whatever Winston's motive, which is probably noble, that's the real effect of this exercise and it's brilliant.

Re: Economists in WSJ and New York Times Say De Regulate Lawyers

Penisoid
Everyone can be a lawyer and argue Supreme Court motions for discovery in $500K+ cases! Everyone can fly a 747 from LAX to Hong Kong. Everyone can perform colo-rectal surgery! Everyone can cure a horse of diabetes! Everyone can design a perfectly safe bridge with the most basic of mathematics and SimCity! Everyone can remove wisdom teeth! Let the people . Change the Marketplace - Remove All Barriers to Entry. Learn everything on Wikipedia by reading it on your iPad and then start being a surgeon, lawyer or pilot! Start designing bridges and let the people drive over them!! Start designing buildings and let the people live in them!! Forget the Fourth Turning - these guys are brilliant.

FIFTH TURNING BIATCHEZZZ!!!!

Re: Economists in WSJ and New York Times Say De Regulate Lawyers

Tasty Bird
New York Times Link (fixed this time) : http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/25/opinion/are-law-schools-and-bar-exams-necessary.html

Winston has been getting a lot of criticism for his article, so maybe his blood pressure has gone up. I am quite willing to treat him and ensure that he has a healthy and long life for the modest fee of $100,000 - cheaper than any trained doctor.

How about it Mr Winston?