Spain - The Most Backward Shithole Wastelands of Europe

Spain - The Most Backward Shithole Wastelands of Europe

Tasty Bird
From SPIEGEL: The youngsters in Spain are gathering like the Argentinians in the old days, and actually taking to the streets and wait for it - banging on pots - to make their voices heard. It's as if the 20th Century just passed by without anyone taking notice there. How fucking backward can a country be? Spain is like the Somalia of Europe.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,769831,00.html

"Spain is currently experiencing the worst crisis since it became a democracy. Thousands of young people have occupied the central squares in several Spanish cities for weeks now. Sagarra sums up the mood of his generation in a short sentence: "It's every man for himself." Forty-four percent of young people are unemployed.

"I finished school more than a year ago," says Sagarra. "There were more than 50 of us who graduated with degrees in physics here in Barcelona. Only one person found a job. One of more than 50. I speak several languages and I'm a physicist, and I'm living in the room where I lived as a kid.""

Re: Spain - The Most Backward Shithole Wastelands of Europe

TOILET CLEANER, MBA
Incredible article. These people will keep spending, keep doing useless degrees in interior design, and keep telling the world how wonderful they are as a "culture".

If you click through to page 4 of the article they interview a Dutchman about Spain an he has a lot to say

""What about the Spanish mothers?" the Dutchman asks. He sounds irritated.
"What do you mean?"

"The Spanish mothers! I recently read about this in a study or an article. They would rather send their kids to a football school, where they learn to dribble, because they have dreams of their sons becoming strikers, instead of encouraging them to learn something worthwhile -- a trade, or math or languages. Instead, it's football! That's supposed to be Europe? Are we supposed to prevail in the world market by watching each other play football? And we're supposed to pay for that?"

"So it's a cultural problem?"
"Absolutely," says the Dutchman."

Re: Spain - The Most Backward Shithole Wastelands of Europe

Vence
Wait a minute. 50 engineering grads apply for the same job? They must be the only 50 engineering grads in the whole country because the rest of them probably have degrees in visual arts and humanities. Look the whole article in Der Spiegel about these Spanish grads could have been summed up like this:

"HELLO I FROM SPAIN, I HAVE A DEGREE IN LOMOGRAPHY AND MAKING ABSTRACT ART WITH THE IPHONE AND I AM A FUCKING DOUCHEBAG, LISTEN TO MY LOUD VOICE, TAKE NOTICE OF MY IRONIC FACIAL HAIR AND HAIRY NECK, AND REMEMBER TO RESPECT MY ANCIENT CULTURE WHICH IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD - AND IF YOU DO NOT AGREE THEN FEAR THE WRATH OF MY EVEN LOUDER VOICE ON THE BUS/TRAIN ETC ETC"

Re: Spain - The Most Backward Shithole Wastelands of Europe

Mick
So funny..Spain is the worst place i have visited in 25 years of travel.. a country of lazy, scamming wasters who don't respect anyone who is not Spanish and worse still show no respect for their own country.  Glad to have seen it and will watch as it slowly swirls down the toilet bowl and disappears.

Re: Spain - The Most Backward Shithole Wastelands of Europe

Francois
Spain has no ancient civilisation -- civilisation was always imposed upon the Spanish by force, always. The Phonecians from the Middle East were the first to civilise Iberia, then it was the Romans from Italy...then it was the the barbaric tribes from northern Europe, then the Moors from north Africa, then the European Union had to flood the country with capital. Spanish are a people perennially in need of a foreign race to help their region amount to anything.